Immanuel Christmas Shoe Boxes
A fact proven by SA Cares for Life, is that faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains, so can the amount of love that will fit into a shoebox will change lives.Pack an Immanuel Shoe Box with SA Cares and make a difference in the life of a child in need. This is a unique project that brings Good News and Great Joy to kids in need through a simple shoebox filled with gifts.No matter how old or how young you are, get involved and make a difference to a child who is less fortunate. A shoebox is far more than just a gift …it opens up a world of life-changing opportunities of hope for the child, their family and their community. A whole lot of love and hope can fit inside a shoebox
Christmas reminds us that the true meaning of Christmas is the birth of Jesus Christ who is: Immanuel, God with us. The Immanuel Shoebox gifts demonstrate God’s love in a tangible way and serve as an example of His greatest gift to us.
Gift-filled shoe boxes or own selected gifts for children, lovingly packed by families, churches, schools and businesses throughout Pretoria results in smiles on faces, bringing joy and helping the children registered in the projects of SA Cares for Life to learn about The Word, faith and that they are special and loved by God.
HOW TO DO IT?
- Choose who you want to sponsor by contacting Riekie vd Berg, firstname.lastname@example.org and registering!
7 Sections of registered children for who we need boxes :
TARGET : 1,500 BOXES!
| SA Cares Head Office Children
|Baby Care – Abba House and Care Homes Children
|Early Learning Centres & Children’s Homes Children
||60, 2-6 years
| Little Hearts ELC
||70, 2-6 years
||40, 2-6 years
||30, 2-6 years
|Makulong Childrens Home
|Staff & Child Care Workers children
|Community Cluster Care Children
||750, 2-16 years
|Foster Homes Children
| Families and Life Houses
- Find a shoe box and cover it in wrapping paper
- Fill your shoe box
- Drop off at SA Cares - 36 Freeland Street, Kilnerpark (any time) or 42 Frances Street, Colbyn (office hours)
- Donate R200 for SA Cares to fill one BOX for a child
7 Basic Ideas to remember when collecting your gifts:
- SOMETHING TO LOVE: Teddy bear, soft toy, shoes and socks etc.
- SOMETHING FOR SCHOOL: Exercise book, scissors, pencil case, pens, markers, pencils, coloring pencils, coloring books, sharpener, eraser, crayons, chalk, picture or reading books, puzzles, keychain, tape measure etc.
- SOMETHING TO WEAR: T-shirt, shorts, dress, underwear, cap, beanie, sandals, thongs, etc.
- SOMETHING TO PLAY WITH: Tennis ball, car, stickers and sticker book, bean bag, doll, skipping rope, marbles, musical instrument, playing cards, dice, yo-yo, finger puppets, puzzles, torch, balloons etc.
- SOMETHING FOR PERSONAL HYGIENE: Soap and face washer, toothbrush, toothpaste, hairbrush, comb, hair-clips, spray and roll-on deodorants, body wash, bubble bath, shaving cream, razor, body lotion, nail clippers, small pack of tissues, lip-ice, colorful bandages, dental floss, nail clippers etc.
- SOMETHING SPECIAL: Carry bag, sunglasses, bangles, necklaces, craft kits, stickers, small skills game, magazine, make-up, lipstick, small note book, hand mirror, children’s
- bible, note or photo of yourself.
- SOMETHING SWEET: Liqui-fruit, chips, chocolate bar etc. Some specifics according to: 6 to 24 Months: Baby-grow, blanket, body wash, educational toys, baby
- wipes, feeding cup, purity, cup with lid etc.
- Families: Books, Cookies, Sweets, Games, Chocolates, Jelly etc.
42 Frances Street, Colbyn, Pretoria. Office hours. (012) 3425720
36 Freeland Street, Kilnerpark Pretoria – anytime (0815236713)
- Churches, Schools and Companies:
Please contact SANET for collection: 060 997 5257 or email@example.com
Last day for Collection: Early December
- Families: Let your children participate and pack shoeboxes for a family or for a boy or girl the same age as your own child/ren.
- Packing Parties: Gathering friends for a party is always a great idea, and it’s even better when the party also benefits children in need! You can host an Immanuel Shoe Box packing party for any reason at all, or you may want to “give up” a birthday or anniversary and ask guests to pack shoeboxes instead of bringing gifts for you.
- Schools: By engaging in this activity, awareness is created and children enabled to make a real difference to the world in which they live.
- Churches: A great way to show God's love in action and share God's love in words.
- Companies: A great charitable Team Building activity. Create fun ideas to inspire and motivate your colleagues to collect shoeboxes and gifts and pack them together.
- Media: Help us to get an article in your local paper or a chat on the radio station.Challenge and chain a friend: Nominate and Challenge a friend, family member or similar company or professional group on Facebook to pack a box and ask them to do the same. Build a chain of not breaking the circle and make it a fun way of meeting new packing friends! Post those photos of packing and lets make a difference!